Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I bought a new Roku-brand remote and it still doesn’t control the TV that used to be controlled by the old remote. Just a heads up, save your receipt because you might want to return it. 

ColdFire
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hi I bought a replacement Roku remote at Best Buy …it’s rechargeable and it’s made by Roku 

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I tried one of thse, too. Didn't work either.

Old Bill

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hmmm, that's disappointing. As the price of a replacement remote is roughly 1/2 the price of the whole package (Stick,remote, etc). Seems like a bit of a gamble. Unless it can be returned no questions asked, of course.

0 Kudos
ColdFire
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have you tried making sure the connections from the Roku to the tv are connected securely…that happened to me one time and all it was was a loose connection…hope that helps 

0 Kudos
tehuti88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@ColdFire I think ours is a TV with Roku on it, not sure it connects to anything but our cable? (Sorry if I sound incredibly ignorant, I'm not the one handling the TV, I just manage the Internet account.)

The channels are coming in fine...there's just no sound anymore. 😕

0 Kudos
ColdFire
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No not at all sir …any question is a good question ..we are all here to help …have you tried uninstalling the tv app or updating ..or even resetting the tv could help ..:hope these suggestions help.

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

tehuti88 : Is there no sound on ONLY the ROKU channels/apps ? Is there sound on Cable TV channels (if you have) or over the air (antenna) TV ? If there is no sound on any source , make sure you haven't switched the tv sound output to "home theater" when you want it to use the tv's internal speaker. Of course if you ARE using a home theatre setup, ignore this.

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

ColdFire let us know how this worked out

my problem with sound control only on one set, which is my newest set, isn’t recognized and or not supported. Everything worked til mid-March 2021.

I had a new updated remote with TV control. mod-RC 399

0 Kudos
PinkyToe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have opened a ticket and have been back and forth with support after receiving the typical canned responses stemming from their troubleshooting SOP.  All of their responses involved the basic remote setup type instructions (i.e. pair/sync the remote, run through the 60 codes, plug/unplug) despite the fact that I described the multitude of resets/troubleshoots I have attempted over and over (including two factory resets).

Additionally, the last response included:

"Some TV models do not allow their volume to be controlled by the Roku remotes....  The TV might not allow its volume to be controlled by the Roku remote If we are not able to see the TV model in the list of devices while setting up the Roku to control the TV."

Again, this, despite my original email stating that it worked perfectly fine with my Samsung for the last two years.  Please don't blame my (widely available) tv brand.

@RokuAustin is there a reason that everyone at Roku is ignoring this issue??  Is the company's intent for us to purchase a more recent remote/bundle as replacement?  It's a sales thing vs a resolve thing?