Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello -

My Roku Ultra remote just stopped operating my Sony TV today..  I’ve tried disconnecting power, removing batteries, restarting system, replacing batteries, updating the system (no new update available, last updated in June), trying all codes in remote/TV setup (I hear the music, but can’t stop it), etc.  Nothing works. I also found that the Home button will turn the TV on, but the actual power button does nothing and neither do the side volume buttons.   

Here are the specifics:

Remote firmware version 2.01.19.108, Model RC136

Roku Ultra model 4660RW, S/N YJ001E578002

System software version 10.0.0 - build 4209-46

Device ID CS3781578002

Sony Model KDL-26L5000

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Nancy

kswank

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere 4620X and a brand new Roku Voice Remote RC-FA1. The remote will control IR functions but never pairs for me to set up TV functions and voice control. I have tried all solutions provided here and ones I've found on the net conversations as well. Nothing works. 

mslyda8

Jump to solution

I've tried all of this. Nothing works. When I type in my TV brand, it says it does not recognize it. 

I have typed in all 3 of the "example" TV brands and it does not recognize them either. (Sony Samsung and LG. 

And apparently Roku doesn't believe in customer service. I cannot get find anywhere to email or call them.

I just purchased this a few weeks ago. Complete junk.  

lfkestner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello ROKU Austin...I have a ROKU TV 3 - I followed your instructions from May 19, 2021 when you said there was a software update causing a volume/control problem as my problem is the same "lose volume and TV control" and at the end after following all the steps, the message is "The current remote does not support TV control. " Well, I know that.  I have a TLC Roku TV remote that came with the TV.  Red button at the top turns on and off the TV until yesterday, Oct 23, 2021.  There is no audio EXCEPT when I plug in the ear buds to the gaming remote and then the audio is fine.  But no TV control, so the TV can't be turned off. At the end of all the steps the TV says "software is up to date".

Thank you - I really need help on this. Please, will someone email me? I am Linda Kestner in Jacksonville OR - lfkestner3@msn.com. Or, call me? 541-899-1666

TX27

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra Gaming Remote RC135

10.0.0 build 4209-46

Yes. Worked perfectly for 22+ months until today. 

Samsung QN50Q6DTAFXZA 

No AVR

0 Kudos
Donnabmoss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep and Roku does not seem to care

Lavgary

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

My Roku remote quit controlling volume, and power. I followed all the steps but still nothing. It has worked fine until this week. When I tried the set up, I also got the message about Samsung not compatible with roku. It worked for two years now nothing

Jump to solution

Our remote model is RC506, Software is 10.0.0built 4209-C2

Yes our remote control the TV before.  Our TV is a Samsung Model #UN32J5500AF(XZA) Version XC43

IDP9-43-850

We are not sure what AVR is please let me know and I will try to find it on the TV

Jump to solution

We just lost volume this evening when I tried to change channels.  I have tried all the things you have suggested but nothing has worked.  I would appreciate your insight to this situation. Thanking you in advance.  

Rayg1

Re: TV wont turn on and off with remote

Jump to solution

That does not work. It has worked for 2 years ,i did a reset ,paired the remote, followed the steps and cannot get it zo turn on and off, other functions work