Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lalainnc
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

This is NOT the answer for me. I have done this repeatedly and the system says I’m up to date, and yet the problem is not fixed. 

Staudie
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I hate to say this but Roku doesn't care.

1. This thread is 5 months old and there hasn't been any acknowledgement from Roku of the issue.

2. The thread was mark as solved but the solution was to give them more information. That is not a solution!

3. Not once has a Roku employee suggest anyone call support.

I have reported all of the requested information to this forum and I opened a ticket with support. The only suggestions I have received was to reset the remote.

My remote works sometimes.... Yes the problem goes away only to return later. Sometimes in the same night. The one thing that remains constant is the issue only happens to power and volume buttons, all other buttons work fine.

The loss of the power and volume buttons is very frustrating, but what makes it worse is Roku lack of customer support or customer care. I've said it in a previous post... because of this experience I will never recommend a Roku device. All Roku has to do was acknowledge the problem and say they were working on it.

~Staudie

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny! You're still working! Congrats! Have you gotten the update you promised four months ago to the problem of remotes no longer controlling TV on/off and volume? Can you finally tell us why we can't just reload the software that worked? Is anybody doing anything?

Thanks,

Old Bill in Florida

drumorgan

Jump to solution

Model: RC127
Software 10.0.0 - build 4209-50
has controlled this TV forever (both power and volume)
now - the power works - but not volume control
Vizio - not sure what model
no idea what an AVR is

AdamGrant1

Jump to solution

Device ID S036D99AV4LN
Software version 10.0.0•build 4209-93
Roku TV C105X

TCL model 50S525

volume control just goes up to 100 and won’t come down. Don’t want to buy another remote because that will be the 3rd now. Adam

Gardner
Reel Rookie

New RC574 (voice remote) will not control tv off/on or volume

Jump to solution

My original Roku Ultra LT was replaced under warranty - thanks Roku.

My original Roku remote controlled my Samsung TV volume & off/on functions.

I can't get my replacement remote to work. I've done the settings-remotes-voice remote-set up for TV control procedure several times. I've "heard the music", then I'm asked for the TV Brand - "samsung is not found in the search.

My Roku software version is 10.5.0 - build 4181-46, The Voice remote (model RC574) firmware is rtn.4134

I double checked - my TV is CEC enabled

Any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution
We have a slightly different version of this problem (Roku remote no longer controls the TV) - Installed the Roku Ultra with an older Samsung TV. Everything worked satisfactorily until we undertook a painting project. Removed the TV from the wall and disconnected all associated devices (TV, Yamaha sound bar, & Roku Ultra) for 4 days, After painting and reinstallation of the TV, discovered the Roku remote would not operate the TV. Checked software updates and system returned remote was up to date. Tried to re-set up for TV control and was unable (worked through all control numbers and received "unable to set up remote" message). Remote Model -------- RC136 [4660RW Roku] Software version ----- 10.0.0 Build 4209-46 Control TV before? -- Yes TV Make --------------- Samsung TV Model -------------- UN32EH5000FXZA Connected to AVR? -- No Will certainly appreciate a solution. Ed T Fountain Hills, AZ
JB2018

Jump to solution

yes. remote power and volume button does not work

model 3810X roku streaming stick;  Serial number YH0045750551;  Software 10.0.0 build 4209-50

remote worked before;  Sharp TV Model LC-37D62U

No AVR

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Now my remote is no longer reliable controlling the Roku. I'll press a button (any button) and nothing happens. May it'll work, maybe it'll take ten presses to work. I charged the battery to 100%, no help. I make sure nothing is between the Roku and the remote, no help. I move right next to the Roku, still works after several button presses. Guess what's going into the trash and will be replaced by . . . anything but a Roku. 

Any suggestions, good people?

Thanks,

Old Bill

Re: New RC574 (voice remote) will not control tv off/on or volume

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem with my LG TV. The remote will not control the power. I have no answer. I have tried re-pairing several times.