Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kglen
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check he

Jump to solution

My Roku updated and I have lost volume control and power. I have tried all the fixes and nothing works. It has worked before update on my Element Tv,, It won’t bring up a list of choices for my tv to manually type in it says not supported, 

I have a Roku Express 4+ With voice

software was updated 10/09.2021 and that is when problem started

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check he

Jump to solution

Kglen

It’s amazing that even the newer Roku models  are being infected 

it seems as if that no one at Roku gives a **bleep**

TNDave
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

WOW!  The latest update is affecting even more people!  

Sure wish I had known the software people at ROKU were totally incompetent before I invested in THREE UTRA's!!!

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Exactly what happened to me.

My Vizio , which is 1 of3, is no longer a recognized brand or a supported brand.

Funny thing that’s the newest of my TVs

Kglen
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model 3941RW Roku Express 4K+

software version 10.5.0

i have updated, tried all the suggestion to get volume control and power buttons to work on remote. Noting helped. It just says not compatible.

I have a Element smart TV.

KEmerelys19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When turning the Roku on the Vudu app is automatically opening itself, also one of the volume buttons doesn't work.

Roku model: 4660RW Roku Ultra

Remote model: RC136

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-46

Samsung 4K

Kasandra

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KEmerelys19

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are seeing? When you say you turn the device on, what do you mean? Roku devices are not turned off unless they are unplugged? 

Does your remote have a Vudu quick button on your remote?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KEmerelys19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I turn on the TV the Vudu App opens up. It started today, in the morning, right know it opens up occasionally. The issue with the volume hasn't resolve itself. And yes, the remote does have a Vudu quick button.

Thanks,

Kasandra

Bp224
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny,  there is an army of people that can’t get their remotes to work.  This thread is the start.  What does Roku plan on doing about it?

prasanth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @Baxa

Check for an update on your Roku player. Navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. Once you have the latest update, please give me a kudos if your #Roku remote regains TV power and volume functions.

Prasanth
0 Kudos