Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jablessman

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Remote: RC 506

Software ver: 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

Yes worked before

Samsung HG50NE477SF in hotel

No AVR 

I did everything suggested and no change

0 Kudos
NickStuart

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Remote model RC-EL1

Software OS/version:  10.0.0, Build 4209

Remotes controlled the TV power and sound from mid-March 2021 when we bought them until yesterday.

TVs:  Vizio and JVC

Connected to an AVR??  Pro-tip, spell out acronyms, I have no idea what an AVR is (automatic voltage regulator??). At any rate I don't think so.

My contact info:  jnixdorf@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Joryuu

Jump to solution

My remote stopped controlling the volume after Roku updated this morning. The issue persists after taking the above steps. 

I have a Roku streambar model 9102R | Software version 10.5.0 build 4174-95 | Device ID is 2A109E480124

My TV is an Emerson model LF320EM4 A

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Joryuu 

You didn't have program the tv brand for volume because can't, Streambar remote doesn't control the tv volume by IR like other roku's do, it only controls it be hdmi-cec.

So go into the settings of your tv and refresh the cec devices connected to it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh great.  They added a lot of fluff, but hope they did not totally avoid fixing the remote volume/power issues many of us have been complaining about for 5 months! I sure wish I had not invested in THREE Roku Ultras now, too much invested to just drop them and get something else.  I have tried manually updating to 10.5, but it just keeps saying I am up do date!  Updates are on their random schedule, not ours.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

TNDave

i agree with you ,I have 6 devices in2 locations but as things worsen or my units go down I’ll be replacing them as needed with other streaming devices 

0 Kudos
Dathudson3

Jump to solution

Issue ID. 95-404-826

Power and volume buttons not working. I have tried all of the possible solutions I can find. I have software version 10.0.0. Model 4570X Roku ultra. 

0 Kudos
Donnabmoss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My software version says 10.0.0 and it says I am up to date when I try to manually update. 

My Roku remote will no longer control my power or volume.  It just stopped working a few days ago.  I have followed ALL the troubleshooting steps. Clearly this has been an issue for quite some time. ROKU - get your #?&$ together. I just purchased another Roku ultra which is going back if this is not resolved in the next few days. Technology is way too advanced for me to have to search for 2 remotes because of your lack of attention to an ongoing issue with power and volume. 

MsThomas57

Jump to solution

Power & volume still not working after update (s) 

Model: 4800X Roku Ultra

RC506

Software : 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

What now? Tired of using 2 remotes

Lalainnc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, This thread says the issue was resolved back in May, but this just started happening to me in September 2021. Suddenly the volume and TV controls no longer work. tried reconnecting my remote to my Vizio TV, but now it says that TV is not supported (it WAS  successfully supported for the last year or so)  

VOICE REMOTE

ROKU ULTRA 4800X

software says fully updated, 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

Have you been hearing other people who still have issues?