Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrstrike

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

-what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model) Roku TV C218GB model
-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About)10.0.0 build 4209-AF
-did your remote control the TV before?yes
-make and model of TV?HISENSE R43B7120UK
-are you connected to an AVR?No

0 Kudos
cdipp74

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Volume control and power button issue with my remote....just stopped working today. Never had issues before. None of the self-help recommendations are working. Please help.

Issue Report ID: 7S-397-419

Roku Model:4800x Roku Ultra

FCC ID:TC2-R1036

Serial#: X01000DHXE7S

Software version: 10.0.0

Build: 4209-C2

TV Brand: Funai

Client: Chris Dippolito

0 Kudos
Annwn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Randomly started working again today.  Now controls TV volume.

Zero, and I mean zero update to the version/firmware/etc in my original report.  Remote still reports as gaming remote.  I have absolutely no idea what is going on...

0 Kudos
jkharris51

Jump to solution

-Remote Model: RC182

-Software OS/version: 10.0.0 build•4209•55

- had volume and power control before

-Vizio E32h-C1

-not connected to ATR

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

-what remote model: RC399 (Firmware: rtn.4134)
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50
-did your remote control the TV before?: Yes
-make and model of TV?: Sony KDL-32L5000
-are you connected to an AVR?: No

0 Kudos
Ctrl-Break
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, Replied earlier in this thread:  Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here! I have since received the 10.5.0 update and still the same issue.

Issue ID:79-390-918

Device ID: 7KA72A718079 (4630X - Roku Premiere+)

Remote Model: RC95 Firmware2.01.18.120

SV: 10.5.0 Build 4167-29

TV: Samsung/UN46ES6500 and UN65NU6900

I have listed two TV's because I have tried on both and same issue persists.

0 Kudos
Evans968

Jump to solution

Roku ultra lost all volume yesterday Sept 30 Not sure when software updated, but system indicates its up to date. One weird thing though was when I tried headphones thru remote, no sound but inserting the jack triggered restart on the  device. Tv sound is fine. Device does feed through an AV receiver, but it has not been “on” since this began. Have tried re-pairing the remote but no music so did not complete. Next step get a replacement remote???

0 Kudos
Evans968

Jump to solution

Remote model number is RC412. If I need a new remote, will the “ simple” one work? We don’t use voice, taped over the mic hole. Too many unintended “commands”. 

0 Kudos
AMDMan64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, Roku is maybe listening to this thread and bringing the problems to development and doesn't want to directly admit it, but my remote is randomly working again.  It doesn't appear as though anything has changed in the software, however (scary if you ask me - we need transparency in release notes for changes).
It would be great to get a response straight from Roku if they fixed my particular issue because leaving customers in the dark is definitely not cool.  I also wish Roku had a way to get in touch with them without having a forum which is very anonymous for them, but frustrating for the consumer.  But, maybe I'm expecting too much, I work in enterprise IT and I would throw an absolute fit if I couldn't get in touch with support on a product that we have.
I would love to see the Roku have a feature - are you having a problem controlling your TV - choose this option and your Roku will put in a ticket with us so we can fix the issue.  Roku obviously has our email on file - and I would love for them to put a face to their support where needed.  This seems like serious enough of an issue to warranty it.
As a reminder, I posted about having an Affinity TV wired to a Roku Ultra with a brand new remote.  The new remote refused to control the TV.  It kept seeing it as the wrong brand and wouldn't give me an option to select the brand.
This is still a very active thread and I'm going to mute the responses going forward because now that my remote is working, I don't care as much.
If I disabled CEC, I could prevent it from incorrectly detecting the brand, but the Roku still wouldn't let me choose the brand.  That should have been enough to tell the Roku to let me select the TV brand, but it wasn't.  Thanks for fixing my product.

0 Kudos
phlyle11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

-Remote Model: RC412
-software OS/version: 10.0.0  Build 4209-46
-Yes, it controlled power and volume, now it just controls power
-make and model of TV:  Sony KDL-40V3000
-are you connected to an AVR: No

0 Kudos