Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I did that.  I bought a new remote and wasted $8

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

remotes not working for thousands it's not just a waste of money but a waste of time for folks trying to find solutions that don't exist really.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No 

I have bought their new voice remote back in February and it was great until mid May when my system had software update to ver 10.0.0 

and just today I got another reply saying he bought a new remote thinking it would fix his problem and it did not

My newest this no longer recognized and a brand 

something stinks 🤔

0 Kudos
AMDMan64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I recently had to replace my "Gaming Remote" with a brand new "Voice Remote".  With the "Gaming Remote" TV control always worked without issue.

For some reason, it will no longer pair with my TV.

Model: RC691

Software OS/version - 10.0.0 (4209-46)
Did your remote control the TV before? Remote has always worked fine, but I had to do manual setup.  Now the Roku thinks it's smarter than me and detects it as a "Bolva" TV
Make and model of TV?  Affinity SLE2039
Are you connected to an AVR? No, but maybe I should connect it to one that doesn't support CEC to see if it stops being overly "smart"

I'm going to try connecting the Roku to a TV that doesn't support CEC to see if it might let me do manual setup.  I just disabled 1-touch play - which I assume is CEC and now it doesn't auto-detect, but it also doesn't let me manually select.  Come on, Roku, this isn't that hard...  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

emeralds3456
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did all the things to try to get my volume back.But nothing worked

emeralds3456

Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why is ROKU not listening to their users about this issue? No reputable company would let a broken update exist for MONTHS!  I have three Ultras, one lost volume/power control on two remotes when I changed batteries, assuming the same will happen to the other two when they need new batteries.  I am a retired engineer, dealt with software upgrades for decades, but if an upgrade broke things, we would immediately revert it to the previous version until our developers could fix it, or we would hire someone smart enough to do it.  Had I known ROKU was this unresponsive and uncaring I certainly would not have bought three Ultras!  Now I have too much invested to switch to a better company.  VERY disappointed.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sadly I say that I believe there’s been a large population of Roku users that have been buying up products not knowing there’s a problem with the Roku I T Dept and software version 10.0.0

I do know that Comcast had been trying to purchase Roku 

my question is how are the number of Roku users determined ? The higher the users the higher it’s worth 🤔

0 Kudos
Staudie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Funny you mention Comcast.... My Flex remote works fine so I use it to turn on my TV.   

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And after buy a new voice remote in Feb all worked great 

since the software update in May my tv ( Vizio) is no longer recognized 

0 Kudos