Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bp224
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Danny, can we get an update of when our issue will be resolved????????  Remote doesn’t power in tv or change volume…

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

One workaround would be to buy a device called "Sideclick" from Amazon or elsewhere.  It will give you 8 extra buttons that can be programmed from the tv remote to control volume and mute and power of your tv.  I have one and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Sideclick-Universal-Remote-Attachment-Streaming/dp/B07D5JDM3N/ref=sr_1_6?dchi...

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The sideclick will only work for InfraRed control.  Does not work over wifi.

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny has promised updates for months. He has shown no intentions of updating us. Ever.

Old Bill in Florida

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

how many subscribers just thought their Roku devices needed to be replaced and bought new equipment??

sound like there’s a potential financial win 

justroy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My guess is they are wanting to move everybody to the $30 remote that listens to your home 24/7. Roku, find movie/TV show.  Then maybe work up to Roku order me a pizza.

If their software programmers can't make a Roku remote work with a Roku device there is no way I will ever, and I mean ever, trust them to bug my home.

Andrew25

Voice remote not changing volume and will not reconnect to TV

Jump to solution

My Roku voice remote WAS working perfectly. It would turn my TV off and on, change the volume, etc. I lost the ability to change the volume on my TV today, but I can't reconnect the remote to my system to get the volume control back. I tried reconnecting the remote multiple times, but with no success. Is there anything you can do to help me fix it?

My TV is a Hisense (I don't know the exact model) and my system is a Roku Ultra.

Ctrl-Break
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Device ID: 7KA72A718079 (4630X - Roku Premiere+)

SV: 10.0.0 Build 4209-29

TV: Samsung/UN46ES6500 and UN65NU6900

I have listed two TV's because I have tried on both and same issue persists.

The volume controls worked through CEC before but not after. The power on and off through the CEC controls still works with out issue. 

COACHJR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have taken the above referenced steps - my remote volume still does not work properly.

SN: YH0025935561

COACHJR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Samsung TV

Roku Streaming Stick + 3810X

SN: YH0025935561

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

Device ID: 213062935561

0 Kudos