Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

And it continues to spread 

even with the new equipment 

WT..

0 Kudos
Larmonk
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I wonder if they're not responding because this thread is marked as "resolved"?

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They know. They have actually responded a couple of times and promised to keep us updated. 

0 Kudos
katconstan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I lost TV control on my Roku remote last night. 

Device ID: 2139AH333318

Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50. Also, check and it says I am up to date on the newest version.

TV make/model: Vizio smart TV

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Katrina

donutboy

Jump to solution

NOTE: Remote is discovered as a gaming remote

Remote RC136

Make/Model TV: Sharp Aquos LC65E77UM

No AVR

We get volume control and can turn tv off but not on. Have tried a new roku remote with no difference in behavior

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They know nothing is resolved

i see it’s still spreading 

0 Kudos
Soulmate1112
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone complained to the BBB, they are not taking our calls and none of the responses/fix posted online are working. I will sent a new remote and it does not work!

reprovisional
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Model: 3800X

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-55

TV Brand: Insignia

TV Model: NS-43D420NA18

Bought the 3800X as soon as it came out. Remote worked for my Insignia TV's power and volume from day one. May 2021 the software update caused me to lose remote power and volume abilities for my TV. After a few days of repeated attempts at re-pairing I got it to work. I posted about this here. Five days ago I had to perform a factory reset on the Roku and since then have lost the remote power and volume for the same TV. Repeated attempts to re-pair have been unsuccessful.

Seems like there continue to be a lot of users impacted by this. I contacted support directly and the best I could get was someone who was clearly just walking me through the remote trouble shooting featured on the website. Have been considering upgrading to the Ultra, but can't justify buying products from a company who can't patch a software problem they caused 3 months ago, or issue a formal statement about their current inability to do so.  

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem only with our bedroom tv/Roku and I DO have a Hisense smart TV in there. I've gone through all the remote setting and removing and re-adding the original Roku remote (Roku ultra 2018) I even bought the new Roku Voice Pro and have paired it more than once, because it's doing the exact same thing. 

And just like yours all the features of the remote worked before. I.e. power and volume up and down with no issue since we bought both the Roku and tv (Hisense Android 58" 2019) 

So it's not like it can be said that it's not compatible. All other features of both remotes work. The Voice Pro remote has extras features and they all work. 

It doesn't make any sense. I'd really appreciate some help from Roku!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening with out master bedroom tv and Roku remote and we have even upgraded to the Roku Voice Pro remote today and gone through the pairing steps multiple times and still have no volume or power control but everything else works. 

Hisense Android smart TV 58" 2019 model 58H6550E

Roku ultra 2018 model 

0 Kudos