Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staudie
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Yes Roku where is the communication. I understand this is a forum and not the preferred method for support. I have an open ticket with support and haven't had an update from support. Letting people know the issue is at least is being worked on would be great. The lack of communication leaves people with no sense of hope that Roku is trying to fix the issue. This in turn leaves us with a lack of faith in Roku as a company. How many people will stop using their devices before this issue it fixed, never return to Roku. Smiley Sad 

Soulmate1112
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

After the update my power and volume still not working!

Software version 10.0.0 built 4209-50

Device ID 21307H586565

TV Samsung AA59-00600A

Bp224
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since Roku refuses to answer our issues with the systems not powering up and changing the volumes on our tv’s, my next question is how do we return to Roku for a full refund?  This is horrible customer service..

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Larmonk

I've decided not to buy more Roku devices 

I upgraded my Roku device with a new voice remote ( mod RC399) in February worked perfectly until mid-May when Roku did a software update to ver 10.0.0

since then no volume control 

I went back to sleeping with 2 remotes 

it seems that Roku’s I T folk haven’t a clue of what was done

support seems nonexistent 

(I’ve have been a happy Roku user til now and the when I get no response when wanting to return the new remote due to the fact it no longer operates as designed (all due to their inability to correct what they caused…)

it maybe time to consider other brands 😞

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Bp224
Glad you were able to find a fix

My 3 year old Vizio is no longer recognized and I can’t get to the point of codes

way to long

seems they’re waiting for the subscribers to undo their screwup but I don’t see that happening 

I know the software ver 10.0.0 effected the users in different ways…🤔

@Staudie 
I agree, the silence is deafening 
customer service -zero
warranty. - zero

homeaajj

Jump to solution

what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)

Per the system: Gaming Remote, RC193, Firmware 2.01.19.108, per the inside of the remote: RC-AL4

-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About)

4660X Roku Ultra

10.0.0 Build 4209-46

-did your remote control the TV before?

Yes, before on and off, and volume, and the volume had to be IR
-make and model of TV?

Phillips 42TA648BX/37

-are you connected to an AVR?

No.

0 Kudos
jwmccreary

Jump to solution

Model: 3810X

SN: YH00GY832710 (C1394G832719)

SW Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

Timestamp: 2021-08-11T02:48:18Z

Issue ID: 19-319-848

I’ve followed the instructions but the Roku no longer recognizes my Polaroid TV.  Please advise!

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For many of us this is going on for months ( for me since mid May)

One of my Vizio tv is not recognized so I went back to 2 remotes on the bed

as my Roku devices stop working I’ll be replacing them with other brands

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku remote lost TV volume control over a month ago (around the 10.0.0 software update) and despite multiple attempts to follow the posted "solution" the functionality has not been restored.

Model: 3810X - Streaming Stick+

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

Device ID: C13811781921

TV: Samsung UN65FH6001FZHA

Troubleshooting this problem has been difficult as the setup process goes as it should (mute works during setup, power on/off works, volume controls work about 10-15% of the time, sporadically).

Any guidance would be much appreciated. It's unfortunate that this worked just about two months ago but now I've lost critical functionality...

0 Kudos
Tu1989

Jump to solution

The volume and power button still not working after update newest version

my tv : linsar

software version : 10.0.1

build : 4180

roku express 4k+ 2021

Model : 3941x

sn : S07P21607EAR

report id : AR-321-741