Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bp2860
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

It worked fine until today.  Remote will not power the tv or control the volume or mute it. 

issue report tracker ID 88-306-873

Model 4662RW -Roku Ultra LT

Remote Voice remote RC419
Software: 10.0.0  build 4209-46

-did your remote control the TV before? Yes
-make and model of TV?  Samsung UN60JS7000
-are you connected to an AVR? No

I tried to reprogram the remote but it went through all the codes (50) and music never stopped.

I unplugged the roku and restarted it - still not working

i turned on the Anynet +(HDMI-CEC) -still not working.

vanmbraco

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!M

Jump to solution

My volume and power are no longer controlled by my Roku remote. I tried to fix it multiple times and it says it's fixed but then it isn't. I chatted with a Roku support staff yesterday and they said i would receive a email by the end of the day. I did not. Please assist!

Larmonk
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

-what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model) - The only option I have is to setup a new remote. My remote does NOT have a "pair button" either so I can't force reset my remote to the ROKU
-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About) 10.0.0 Build 4209-91
-did your remote control the TV before? Yes
-make and model of TV? Samsung model PN43F4500AF

Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

-what remote model? RC608 firmware rtn.4120

-software OS/version? 10.0.1 build 4180-CR

-did your remote control the TV before? Yes

-make and model of TV? Samsung UN55KU6290F

I just purchased this Roku Express 4K+ and set up today. Everything thing worked fine for a few hours, and now it has just stopped. Ran through all the steps verbatim, and still won't work. Also, it doesn't keep my credentials saved so that I am constantly having to log back in to apps... Very annoying. How do I fix these problems?

Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Quick update. If I turn off my Samsung sound bar, it gives my Roku remote control again, however this does not explain why it was able to control the sound bar just fine before. Also if I turn the sound bar back on, the Roku remote has a weird control over both the TV and sound bar, but very glitchy. Once I deactivate the tv speakers, the Roku remote loses control completely of the sound bar again. BUT AGAIN, the Roku remote did work before and 100% controlled the sound bar just fine. Also, note that even though the power and volume have stopped functioning on the Roku remote, the mute function still works 100% just fine all the time.

VERY STRANGE.

0 Kudos
Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Final update. I finally got the remote to work and control everything again. I went through and tried every TV code. It finally worked, but I even had to go past the TV codes that "made the music stop." Several made the music stop, I would then have to navigate out from the menu and then attempt the volume controls (wouldn't allow me to attempt the volume controls while in the set up screen).

I hope this helps Roku figure out the problem and others in the mean time.

Solution: test each tv code that "stops the music" after leaving the set up menu because the volume controls will not initially respond while in the set up menu.

Adamusprime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I lied, everything was true except for the power button. Having the volume is great, but it would be nice to have the power button work again and not continuously get logged out of apps.

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I guess your tv was still a recognized supported brand

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for advising us that buying a new device will not fix this 

0 Kudos
Bp224
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku, this thing has been going on long enough without a game plan for a fix?  What are the next steps here?????