Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tt1948
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

July 3, 2021 - I have lost Roku remote TV volume function.  Has worked all year, now not.

incident ID 80-265-383  Roku Ultra 4660X, Panasonic TH-C45FD18

Device ID CK3836493880, firmware 10.0.0-4209-46

TNDave
Binge Watcher

Remotes (2) no longer control TV power and volume starting JULY 3rd, NOT after update.

Jump to solution

I have two voice remotes for ROKU Ultra, that have worked well for months controlling TV power and volume, one started losing TV control, replaced batteries in both. Now I have lost TV control on both. I have tried removing batteries, unplugging ROKU, repowering ROKU, installing batteries, re-pairing, and remote TV control set up multiple times.  Tried "forget remote", and re-pairing. Nothing works. When trying to set the remote for TV control, get the music, but when I click on "Yes, music is playing" it instantly goes to remote is ready, does not ask if music is playing again. but no TV control. After multiple tries one remote now controls volume, but not power. (edit, now that one is not working again)The other one still sa ys remote is ready after clicking on "Yes, music is playing", but has NO control of TV. I have spent about 5 hours trying everything, cannot get TV control back!

ROKU Ultra 4670RW,serial YJ008F611070, SW ver 10.0.0 build 4209-46, updated June 24.

Remote 1- Enhanced voice remote, RC497, firmware 2.01.19.108

Remote 2- Enhanced voice remote, RC506,firmware rtn.4120

Love ROKU (We have three), but this remote fiasco is ruing the taste.

HELP

skayhill

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Remote will not let me go to homescreen and blacksout.,sometimes I do not have and sound and I have to unplug it to reboot it. Cannot do a scan because I only have a minute or so before the screen blacks out.

ser#1802GTO000505A00006

MODLE#49S305

SERVICE #495305TABA

TCL-ROKU manufactured 2-2018

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Remotes (2) no longer control TV power and volume starting JULY 3rd, NOT after update.

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Re: Remotes (2) no longer control TV power and volume starting JULY 3rd, NOT after update.

Jump to solution

I had already read that thread, did not help, and as I stated in my post, my remotes did not stop controlling my TV until YESTERDAY, July 3rd.  I followed the suggestions to no avail.  There is definitely something wrong with the latest update.  Assuming that my remotes kept working after the update until I replaced the batteries, triggering the firmware fault?

I cannot get the setup to control the TV function to work now, as I stated, as soon as I click on "Yes, the music is still playing", it immediately says remote is set up, never advancing beyond the first appearance of the "Yes, music is still playing" button. This is true on both remotes.

I hope someone at ROKU realizes the firmware is in serious need of a fix!

Grid799
Reel Rookie

Re: Enhanced voice remote will not control TV volume

Jump to solution

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Software: 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

Bought last week from Amazon. I saw the larger thread about remote issues with the newest update, I’m guessing this is related to that. 

Grid799
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No volume controls on mine. 

Device ID: S02A213KD1N9

Software: 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

Remote:RC506 (note: second remote RC399 does work)

TV: Samsung Class 7 55”

Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The brand of my TV is Technika but  it not recognized what do I do ?

Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No                                                    

0 Kudos
tt1948
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have lost control of volume and power via IR, just this week. It worked for a couple of years prior to now.

I have checked for software update, (says Current),  I have stepped through all 50 "Panasonic" codes, slowly, carefully, several times.   ..no help.

Roku Ultra 466X

Device ID CK3836493880

Software 10.0.0 4209-46

TV=Panasonic TH-C45FD18

generated incident ID 80-265-383

0 Kudos