Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

For anyone dealing with this issue on with an ARC sound system, I managed to fix this issue by doing the following:

1. Disable ARC so the TV is playing sound through TV speakers
2. Setup Remote using settings menu on Roku - Check that Roku remote can turn on/off and volume
3. Re-enable ARC to play through sound system- Roku should still turn on/off TV and volume control through ARC will work

Trying to setup the remote with the sound system engaged did work despite the system muting when prompted. I think the remote was picking up sound system IR instead of the TV IR. Silly to me that Roku didn't test compatibility with ARC systems prior to their updates. 

0 Kudos
bobSz
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

YES - SWTILL NOT WORKING

bobSz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

YES

0 Kudos
bobSz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IISSUE TAG: 39-192-287

0 Kudos
dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Voice Remote RC399 which I purchased based on your suggestion that my volume sticking problem required a new remote. It's about 5 weeks old and the volume sticks and the power button is not great. 

SN X0040LLHPN7

ID S008298LHPN7

Software version 10.0.0 build 4195-AE

Samsung TV model #UN50MU6300FXZA

Come on Roku. You are not building any brand loyalty here.

Thank you, Dizzy Dinah

sabrin514
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Probably because the sh*tsers that make Roku now sell Roku TV's and don't want it to work with any TV but their own.

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Considering the other recent actions of these money grubbing cheese lords, it is probably intentional that they are deactivating the power and volume controls except on their approved brands of TV's.... sort of like what they did with all the apps they removed.

0 Kudos
bobSz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback.  They provided:  (1) No notice, (2) Rocu does not have product or customer support.  It appears to be provided ONLY by other service organizations

0 Kudos
Randy5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The latest update did not fix the volume and power control, however this whole thing is a bit confusing because our 2nd Roku located in a different room never lost either the volume nor the power control with a very similar Samsung TV

0 Kudos
jonbonjovial
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did all of the above steps, my remote previously worked before the update.  Went through each code, none of them work.  It is a supersonic tv.  How can I get to the correct code?  Thanks!