Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Dogman48

thats happened to me and I found improvement after unplugging the Roku streaming device and wait a minute or two. When it reboots all looks/sounds  good. It’s worth a try 

0 Kudos
MichaelDW

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Thanks for this note. I have the Roku power and volume control remote. The Roku device connects to a Denon HEOS receiver that controls a Vizio Tv. I have only been able to get the remote to control power for the Vizio TV and not the Denon. It does work for volume, although I have two volume bars that pop up on the TV whenever I make a volume adjustment. Is there a way to get the Roku remote to control the power for both the Denon and the Vizio? Thanks, Michael

Adl13

Jump to solution

No, I am still having issues with the remote/Volume.  Model RC496

Vasru
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks to those who provided suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them work! Anyone out there who may have a real solution?  Tried brand new batteries also; no effect.  Cannot get beyond the Roku Home screen.

Thanks in advance.

Floyd57

Jump to solution

I've tried everything to get my volume for my SharpTV & on/off still is not working, only giving 1 code as many others have reported.I don't know what else I can do have been attempting to fix & tried every trick I could find on roku website. PLEASE FIX ISSUE ROKU! NOT REAL HAPPY ABOUT ISSUE.

Jump to solution

I have followed all update and reset instructions and still no volume. My remote is voice remote model RC 128. Firmware version 2.01. 19. 108.

I have Roku streaming stick model 3800RW. Serial number YFOOEP377320. Device ID cu37CE377320.

Software version 10.0.0 build 41955 

my tv is Sony Bravia . 

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't you people believe in actually TESTING things before you pawn it off on customers? P.S. What did the update do besides screw up power and volume control? Take away access to more apps that people want to use? Spectrum in December and recently YoutubeTV. What's next?

CBM1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A couple of new discoveries, IF you're paying attention ROKU tech:

My legacy Roku voice control remote continues to work perfectly my my older Visio TV and pairs as expected - all buttons and toggles control all master functions including volume control and on/off. I had mentioned before the my problems are with new Roku Voice Remote Pro. I did discover that the Voice Remote Pro (VRP) controls TV on/off WITH VOICE but not with buttons, while volume control by voice OR toggle NOT functioning. Last night by happenstance, I discovered that when earphones are plugged into remote jack, the volume control works with remote control buttons for the earphones. I expect that's a rather important clue for the current software problems regarding the Roku Remote Pro.

Roku techs: Please inform all of us when there is a working update available!! Thank you.

prosete1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Though I finally got my Ultra 4800X remote working so that all previous functions (TV power on/off, a/v volume control, and a/v power OFF only, not ON) work again, I do recall previous software included option to program and control both TV and audio receiver with the remote. Then, all of a sudden, the software dropped the option to program the receiver, leaving the programming of the TV as the sole device the remote could control. But, again, I was able to regain the function to control the receiver volume and power OFF (not ON) by going through the TV, which, in my case, is the Samsung Anynet+ function.

My point is that I recall the Ultra remote having the capability to program and control both TV AND receiver.

0 Kudos
LorenT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We used to call it TIPping (Testing In Production) when I worked in IT.  If we were caught putting anything into production without testing it first, we were shown the door in short order.  How these people get away with it, especially when it affects so many thousands, I have no idea.  I'm done with them and refuse to do business with people who do business like ROKU does.  The biggest problem I have is their lack of communication.  It's all a big secret and nobody seems to know a dang thing.  I've moved on, purchasing a different product that actually works, and I regret ever having spent my money on ROKU products in the past.  Live and learn.