Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Finally! Danny-R lives! And responds! Doesn't say **bleep**: no apology, no "get well" date, no response to multiple questions about re-installing old software, but . . . they are "investigating." 

RokuDanny-R
 Roku Employee  
16m ago
Hi, Thanks for reaching out regarding your inquiry. We are aware and currently investigating the issue you are inquiring about. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update the Community. Thanks, Danny
Tralfazz
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Ok, now the old (Sharp Roku TV) remote stopped working for volume and mute.  This is ridiculous.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So based what I’ve read, if I knew who made my Vizio tv, which was supported/ recognized, I may get my volume control back so does anyone know who made my vizio

why did Roku engineers do this to do many of their customers and now basically ignoring us

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku needs to fix this

0 Kudos
JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Re[ v9.4 Not It ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update?

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny... I was about to message Jeff to see how things are progressing.

Old-Bill:  The support person who worked with me put me back onto v9.4, but that did not resolve the issue.  It basically gave more credence to the notion that a cloud lookup DB is at the root of devices no longer working with the infrared part of the remote.
.  I can guess that it is a more complex issue than we realize getting that database updated with the older devices that were removed.  It may be a 3rd party company not managed by Roku.

-

I hope that I don't have to buy a new A/V receiver to get things back to the way they were for my Roku.  I was planning on upgrading everything to 4K, summer 2022, but may need to wait until 2023... Money is a current issue, and chip shortages are driving up prices for what is available.  It is just the way things have played out, recently.  TV is not that important to me, and summer is here... Time to go outside a lot more! In a month or so, we will be resolved and back to our happy complacency.  I can wait for them to do this right.

0 Kudos
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks! The latest update resolved the issue for my Volume not working on the Roku remote; I can't believe a previous software update broke this; I can imagine the # of people, likely thousands, going out to get a new device because they thought theirs just broke. I did return one of my two Roku devices to Costco and was about to return the second one when I read this post and made the latest software update. How can this be? This should be embarrassing for Roku who I think should compensate somehow their subscribers, regardless of who was affected. 

sammy420
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you share how you fixed this?  Is there a new software update beyond 10 (which broke this) ?

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not sure what version broke the volume and other functionality people are reporting but both my controls broke about 2 months ago. The latest software "build" I downloaded was pretty recent, same Software version 10.0.0.

Anyhow, the version 10.0.0 build number that fixed my volume issue was Build 4198.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I was NOT able to program the remote for a Sharp TV...However, the company Hisense merged with Sharp...

So I went to
Settings >> Remotes and devices >> Remotes >> Voice Remote >> Set up remote for TV control THEN searched for Hisense and selected it then followed instructions (1st code for Hisense TV worked for me)...

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Oh sorry, my version is 10 build 4198-50...