Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Sounds like your remote came totally un-paired. I'm guessing you've started with the basic pairing instructions. 

1.   Navigate to Settings
2.  Select Remotes & devices
3.  Select Remotes followed by your remote

and follow the steps from there. Good luck.

0 Kudos
kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@M1 There should be a button on top of your Roku and a button inside the battery compartment of your remote.  You need to press the button on top of the Roku and inside the remote to pair them.  I sometimes have to press and hold the button inside the remote until it lights up green.  You should see your Roku trying to pair with the remote on your TV.

0 Kudos
fettbo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My remote won't pair with going.to the settings and adding the remote. It just spins then after 10 min it says no remote found. I have the voice remote pro. Right now it only has basic controls. No volume, no private listening etc. I have tried it on 3 other tvs and 2 of them were smart tvs and it works. The 2 that are not smart tvs it didn't work. Don't know if that is a factor or coincidence.

0 Kudos
Debby24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working after doing everything recommended.

Model #3810RW

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Serial #YH0063226307

Device ID C23796226307

My roku is connected to a Vizio TV.  

kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@fettbo It sounds like your remote is "paired" to your Roku if you are able to navigate to settings in the first place.  There is a different workflow to setup your remote to control the volume on your TV.  This is in the settings for the remote itself.  It should ask you if you hear the music, then you follow the prompts from there.  It sounds like you are in the "Setup new device" menu which is for a setting up a new remote I think?  Maybe that is what you are actually trying to do.  There seem to be many different remote problems that all seem to be funneled through this thread.  

0 Kudos
mtforeman

Re: Volume control on remote stopped working

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I have tried everything, including restarting my system and re-pairing my remote countless times.

I then bought a pro remote thinking my button had broken. That didnt work either. This is all sickening. I now have 2 remotes and no volume or power control. 

I guess I have to buy another replacement remote since the TV remote has been gone for a long time. 

0 Kudos
fettbo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. It is a new remote I replaced the basic remote that came with my Roku Premiere with the Voice remote pro. I don't see any settings other than new remote. If it helps I have tried it on 3 other tvs 2 of them are smart tv and it works on them. The 2 that it doesn't work on is the 2 HDTV that are not smart. I got it so I can watch TV in the bedroom at night without disturbing my wife thats why I wanted the headphone option. Hope that made sense

0 Kudos
Photoman41
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try these troubleshooting steps below to set up remote for TV control:

• Press the home button on your Roku voice remote
  • Scroll up or down and select settings
  • Select Remotes & devices and then select remote
  • Choose your voice remote from the list and select set up the remote for TV control
0 Kudos
1crazydame
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This does not work.  The same instructions have been posted in quite a number of previous posts.  I have even purchased a new gaming remote, following more indepth instructions to no avail.  These instructions may work on a common Roku remote, like the remote for the slim downed models like the Express or Streaming Stick, but this does not work for the Ultra model, particularly the 2019 Ultra model.  But I do appreciate you trying to help.  If you can come up with anything else, please, post any suggestions you may have.  This has been ongoing for a year +.

0 Kudos
Photoman41
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It worked on two separate remotes for me.

contact Support.  They’ll help you.

0 Kudos