Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Re[ Anybody Else Notice This? ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control...

Jump to solution

Roku remotes have always only controlled TV's, then its upto the tv to control the audio device via hdmi-cec. If you get the roku remote to control your tv, then refresh the cec devices in the tv settings. There was or is secret menu you change the roku remote to control audio devices by IR. Or switch from controlling tv's by IR and instead control it be roku cec. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Are you just waiting for your tv controls for your brand to just start working again on its own? Afer upgrading did you program your tv back in?

settings> remote & devices> remote> REMOTE IN USE!!> program tv> follow prompts

That is what all the people in this thread are doing and it is not working. 

0 Kudos
Timler63
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I’ve tried the “fix” repeatedly and it doesn’t work

0 Kudos
Imforguns
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Because of very little or no support from Roku I have decide to ask Roku for a replacement. My Roku is less than 4 months old and should be covered under warranty.  

kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Re: Re[ Anybody Else Notice This? ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control...

Jump to solution

Interesting.  My Samsung has Anynet+ (it's HDMI CEC) enabled and I am able to get it to switch to the Roku source automatically when I click any button on the Roku remote.  But for some reason the volume and power buttons have stopped working since the 10.0 update.  Seems like I shouldn't need to do any extra setup for the volume/power if it just uses HDMI-CEC.  Perhaps the "Do you still hear the music" **bleep** is trying to program the codes for IR?  Is there a way to just force it to only use HDMI CEC?

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A replacement may not be the answer

is your tv recognized/ supported

(seems like there’s a lots more going on)

0 Kudos
phmyer

Jump to solution

Never had a problem with controlling TV power on/off.

I did the update and setup but the voice remote does not control TX volume as it used to do

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

-Roku device model: 3810X
-serial number: YHOOEL241384
-device ID: 21307E241384
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 BUILD:4198
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-TV brand and model number: LG 50PA5500-UG

Bill Groover

bgroovers@comcast.net

850-519-15122

animal_model
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume control on remote stopped working

Jump to solution

These problems with volume and power on a television suddenly ceasing to work, or not working on a new television, may be fixed by removing the remote itself within Roku settings, entering the 4-digit code as requested, and re-pairing the remote, and re-training for your specific television. (The process may go easier if you have another Roku remote paired as a backup, or by installing the Roku remote smartphone app before you begin)

0 Kudos
jplummer11

Jump to solution

4660X roku ultra

YJ0010747384

10.0.0 • build 4198-46

CK3931747384

remote volume is not working