Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I suspect Roku is trying to figure out how to update millions of Roku apps by inputting/coding information from thousands of TV models that were obvious not included when the NEW remotes rolled out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Use your OLD Roku to navigate to: SETTINGS>>REMOTE DEVICES. The use the setup screen to activate the NEW remote.

Mikey82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just sent a post and did not give you the s/n and TV model number.

Here is that information:

Roku Streaming Stick + S/N: YH00E8006131

Samsung TV model number: UN46F5500AFXZA

Again, Please advise how to get to home on the Roku remote.

I CANNOT USE THE TV.

Thank you,

Mikey82

mmurphy67@charter.net

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku device model: 4662RW - Roku Ultra Light

serial number: YJ001H172053

device ID: 046031172053

software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4198-46

remote model: RC498

TV brand and model number: Magnavox 32ME403V

0 Kudos
SacSailor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is no new update on my Roku Express. Last update was May 14, 2021.

ISSUE ID: 62-202-853

Model: 3900X - Roku Express

Serial  number: --------4862

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-51

Timestamp: 2021-05-21T20:53:36Z

Voice Remote RC128

Sharp TV LC32SB28UT

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did everything and my Vizio tv still isn’t recognized 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You would think they would have figured out things before loading the new update 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did this dozens of times

my problem is my Vizio TV is no longer supported 

using different remote does not change that

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@SooperFlye wrote:

Use your OLD Roku to navigate to: SETTINGS>>REMOTE DEVICES. The use the setup screen to activate the NEW remote.

What new remote?  We are all trying to get the remote that was working prior to the update to work again. 

Osugrad85
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The volume control issue is back for me.  The issue I have been and am still experiencing is that when I input a volume change with my remote, it takes about 15 seconds before the volume menu appears on the tv screen, then it only remains on the screen for me to adjust for about 5 seconds before the menu disappears (regardless of whether I am still trying to change the volume or not).  I have to wait another 15 seconds or so before the volume menu appears again.

This first started for me immediately after the automatic update to 10.0.0 build 4177.  It lasted about a week before it seemed to resolve itself after another automatic update on May 6th (10.0.0 build 4195).  Prior to the May 6th update that seemed to fix the issue for me, I had tried the “set up remote for tv control” but the problem remained.  I also unplugged all of the cables (power and HDMI from my Roku Ultra and the HDMI cable from the TV, I checked my TV for updates, and I rebooted everything several times.  Nothing worked until the May 6th update to build 4195.

HOWEVER, the problem has returned as of May 19th, which coincidentally is when Roku claimed to have released a solution to this problem.  I have repeatedly checked for system updates on my Roku but none are found.  My Roku is still running 10.0.0 build 4195-C2 and says it was last updated on May 6th.  Somehow, I believe that the “fix” that was pushed out on May 19 has caused the issue to return to me again.

I have once again run through all of the troubleshooting steps:

1.  Replaced the batteries in my remotes (all 4 remotes);

2 Used the Roku menu to “forget” 3 of the 4 remotes (no option to “forget” the remaining remote);

3. Tried “set up remote for TV control”. The music stopped and I confirmed as much, but the volume control issue remains. I did this with all 4 of my remotes. They all control the Roku just fine, and they all turn the TV on and off as commanded, but they ALL have the 15 second volume control delay I described at the beginning of this post.

Here’s my system information”

-Roku device model:  4800X - Roku Ultra
-serial number:  X01000FTD3UR
-device ID:  S02A209TD3UR
-software OS/version:  10.0.0 build 415-C2 (last updated May 6th, 2021, no updates available)
-remote model:  RC406 (all 4 of my remotes)
-TV brand and model number:  Vizio V405-H9

To recap, I purchased my Roku Ultra and paired it with all 4 of my remotes in the late 2020.  Everything worked fine until system update 10.0.0 arrived 4 weeks ago.  Please come up with a fix that actually works.

0 Kudos