Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Settings indicates that my software is up to date, but the remote's volume does not work.  I have Streaming Stick+

Glb1945
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Still cannot use mute or volume control for supersonic sc-1511 after update.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku remote not able to control volume and power, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-TV brand and model number

If you have already provided us with the information we have requested after updating your device, we have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
it4music
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've updated to the latest OS update and tried resetting the remote, many many times, and it's still not working.

-Roku device model
4662RW-Roku Ultra LT

-serial number
YJ0064416603

-device ID

-software OS/version
10.0.0 * build 4198-46

-TV brand and model number
Vizio M602i-B3

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku model: 3810x

TV brand & model: Sharp V0000.01.01.H0608

Serial #: YH00GV372795

Device Id: C1383G372795

Software OS/Version: 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Voice Remote RC221

Glb1945
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 3810X

SN YH0006686172

SV 10.0.0 4198-50

ID 213120686172

Firmware rtn.4106

Model RC399

Supersonic SC-1511

Rlacer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku streaming stick 4K plus, Model 3810x, YHOOFW850200

Software version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Device  ID 21312F850200

Remote about details state it is Voice Remote, firmware version rtn.4106, Model RC399

TV is Sony Bravia VU1, version 9

Just purchased this Roku, specifically so we could use one remote for all functions, including power and volume. Cannot get it to work, except for standard menu items once tv is powered on by its dedicated remote. Have to use tv remote for volume as well. Updated the software and it updated and says all software is now up to date. Still doesn’t control power or volume. We are not using a sound bar, just the tv.

thanks

Rana Lacer

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I got control of my remote back, but now the guide and the bar at the bottom are so huge, when I do a rewind or a backup the bar at the bottom stays on so long that I can't read the closed caption. And the bar that goes across the bottom of the screen it's so huge that I can only see half the screen. This just earlier, and I'm watching the Roku channel. I don't understand what happened

0 Kudos
Timler63
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The reset process did not work. 
issue ID 84-201-366

version 10.0.0 Build 4198-55

serial YF0021092484

samsung TV. Model ????

Timler63
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

67B59A1D-0E14-4C33-A0B7-A8D9F8A22833.jpeg