Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fellachap
Level 7

UK returns under warranty - broken remote

I have have started a returns process because the remote is showing no element of life (tried all troubleshooting, new batteries etc..). I am in the UK and they have asked for me to send the whole unit back to them for a replacement. That's fine, but it appears that they are expecting me to pay shipping to get it to them. Obviously that breaks the law so can't believe that's true, but they didn't provide a pre paid shipping label and the address doesn't state it's a Freepost. I'm reluctant to post it with no postage as if it gets returned to me I will have to pay it to get it back. Anyone with experience of the UK returns process?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: UK returns under warranty - broken remote

@Fellachap 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about our warranty process, visit our Support page here: What is Roku’s support policy?

If you need further assistance regarding your issue, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Fellachap
Level 7

Re: UK returns under warranty - broken remote

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply. I have already reached out to them hence me questioning their response to me requesting to send the item back to them. I have continued to engage with them yet they are still refusing to answer the question as to whether it is a free service (as outlined in EU law) to send the device in. Normally you are either provided with a Freepost address or a prepaid shipping label. Neither have been provided.

The reason for asking on this forum was to get some consumer advice rather than the 'corporate line'.

0 Kudos