Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sxmmxr
Level 7

Turning on Roku without remote

Jump to solution

So I bought the Roku 3900x 'Express+' about 2 years ago and lost the remote. Recently I wanted to see if it still worked but because I dont have the remote I cannot turn it on. Any solutions? I want to be able to use the app but need to set it all up and get the device turned on

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Turning on Roku without remote

Jump to solution

You can't connect to a new Wi-Fi network without a physical remote and you can't use the app until it's connected to Wi-Fi.  When you connect it to a TV and power it should display the normal startup sequence.  You can get a cheap universal remote almost anywhere that will support a Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Turning on Roku without remote

Jump to solution

You can't connect to a new Wi-Fi network without a physical remote and you can't use the app until it's connected to Wi-Fi.  When you connect it to a TV and power it should display the normal startup sequence.  You can get a cheap universal remote almost anywhere that will support a Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos