Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R24765
Level 7

Three TVs, One Wall (Remote Help)

I hung up three TVs on one wall in my office so I could watch multiple sports games. All three are Roku TV (one TCL and two Hisense). I purchased these specially for Roku and the use of the wifi remote so there would be no remote interference. 

I bought three wifi remotes and paired to each TV. They work great for about a day or two but after a while one remote will control all tvs. It is very annoying to have to re-pair these remotes every two days. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Three TVs, One Wall (Remote Help)

Are you sure you're using the wifi remote? If any of the remotes have crescent moon key it is IR remote, wifi all have microphone keys in place of crescent moon key. 

As for roku tv IR remotes, the hisense remotes wouldn't work with tcl roku tv, but both tcl & hisense IR remotes would work with Hisense roku tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
R24765
Level 7

Yup, they are the wifi remotes. Specifically purchased these ones separately for this use.  So these remotes work with any RokuTV interface. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

So you have 6 roku remotes? the IR remotes that came with the tv's and wifi remotes you bought separately? I'm just wondering if you're getting the IR remotes mixed in with wifi remotes and causing you problems? I have had many wifi remotes, the only time my roku tv's stop working with wifi is when I paired too many remotes to roku tv and it forgets all of them, having just one wifi I have never lost programming. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
R24765
Level 7

Nope, only three wife remotes.  The other three remotes (IR ones), are still unopened in boxes in the garage. No confusion on the remotes... 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I have no idea what it does, but there's a "Disable Auto-Pairing" option buried in the "Platform Secret Screen".  You get to it by pressing Home 5 times followed by FF (>>), Play/Pause/ Rewind (>>), Play/Pause, FF.  Once there, go to the "RF Remote Menu" and then the "Pairing Menu".  You may have to break out an IR remote to re-enable it if it causes your RF remote to no longer pair.

0 Kudos
R24765
Level 7

Great, let me give this a shot today, will report back. 

0 Kudos
R24765
Level 7

Okay this should do it, thanks for the assistance! Let hope it holds. 

Side note, does anyone know if you can use one harmony remote to replace these three wifi remotes I currently have?

0 Kudos
R24765
Level 7

Welp, back to one remote controlling all three tvs. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

A roku wifi remote will revert to IR when the roku its paired with is unplugged from the power, are any of the tv's getting unpowered? 

Edmund
0 Kudos