Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution

That's... dumb.  Now you have gaping holes in your remote.  This thread is more about reprogramming them to something useful.  Like I only have 6 channels on my roku.  Netflix/hulu/amazon/Disney+ would be great buttons to have.  For now.  I owuld like to be able to, say, connect the roku to my PC and access the hardware.  It probably has more to do with the remote telling the roku to launch the file VUDU.exe or something.  If I could delete vudu.exe and replace it with disney+ (renamed to vudu.exe) that would be useful.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution

The traces are rather tiny, too cubbersome, what I'll do is just tape off the carbon contacts on the PCB and the process can be reversed also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to order personalized remote

Jump to solution

This might be possible, the remote have a Winbond EEPROM, someone could try to read its data and compare the EPPROM dump of 2+ remotes with different buttons.

0 Kudos