Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBU
Level 8

Re: Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution
Well, I know I only joined to post here with an actual contribution, i.e. , an alternative for the obviously significant group out there for whom this remote design is lacking.  I would never have been compelled to do that only to tell you where you can put your remote.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 12

Jump to solution
"jeffrok" wrote:
So once every few months I accidentally hit one of those "dang" buttons..

Good for you. I was hitting one of them every other day, but I found a perfect and very soothing alternative in what, for a few minutes of my time, results in a lifetime (the lifetime of the remote) of uninterrupted viewing brought on by Roku's selling of hand-held-advertising that gets in the way of what some would call normal operation.

If the city where you live required a decorative (and quite attractive) Steel I-Beam to be installed at 96% of your height in every doorway of your home it wouldn't be too long before you called a contractor to lower all your floors.

Deal with it. We are.
0 Kudos
BarryMaync
Level 7

Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution
you instead use use the servo finger to press a hard button/spacer that presses the soft button of the remote to make it behave more like a nicer mechanical switch.
https://www.nacdd1305.org/
0 Kudos
aliasAlas
Level 8

How can I change the Channel Shortcuts on an Ultra Remote?

Jump to solution

How can I program the Channel Shortcut buttons on an Ultra Remote? I won't use NETFLIX, ESPN, hulu nor sling. Thank You.

[post merged with already existing thread]

aliasAlas
Level 8

Jump to solution

Probably a revenue stream is provided to Roku by NETFLIX, ESPN, hulu and/or sling.  As a result these are four wasted buttons that should be programmable with the added ability to change the logos to other words like Prime, PBS, etc.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I change the Channel Shortcuts on an Ultra Remote?

Jump to solution

@aliasAlas 

Sorry, but you can't,

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Level 9

Jump to solution

If someone isn't bothered by the buttons it makes one wonder why they would bother posting? Strange world we live in.

ALD
Level 7

Jump to solution

I removed the buttons by taking apart the remove, cutting those pre set buttons out of a rubber pad that had all of them (and the two above them), and then put the cut pad with just those two other back in.  Then I taped over the holes that left. 

Is it pretty? Ummm, **bleep** no.  But I'll take function over from for this.

To take the remote apart I remove the batteries then used a mini Phillips to remove a tiny screw beneath the batteries (in the center of that cavity).  Then I had to pry the top off with a mini flat edge screw driver VERY CAREFULLY going around the remote (or at least the botto).  As I recall, I didn't remove the entire top, just enough to get a hold of that bottom rubber bad.  Don't just rip the top off!

Really, I admit that's a bit nuts but then after the 8 millionth time I accidentally had the remote upside down, in the dark, and hit those pre set buttons I went a bit nuts.  Being nuts is the mother of destruction or something like that.

Now if I could just stop pressing the **bleep** voice command button.  I think this problem is simply due to the fact that used to have a Roku 3 and so I apparently have muscle memory dedicated to the roku 3 remote layout.

Linzp86
Level 7

How to order personalized remote

Jump to solution

I would like to personalize the shortcut options on a remote, is that possible? If so, how to go about doing that?

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to order personalized remote

Jump to solution

@Linzp86 

Sorry, but no. Corporations pay a $1 a key for each remote their button is on. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos