Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution
Well, I know I only joined to post here with an actual contribution, i.e. , an alternative for the obviously significant group out there for whom this remote design is lacking.  I would never have been compelled to do that only to tell you where you can put your remote.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution
"jeffrok" wrote:
So once every few months I accidentally hit one of those "dang" buttons..

Good for you. I was hitting one of them every other day, but I found a perfect and very soothing alternative in what, for a few minutes of my time, results in a lifetime (the lifetime of the remote) of uninterrupted viewing brought on by Roku's selling of hand-held-advertising that gets in the way of what some would call normal operation.

If the city where you live required a decorative (and quite attractive) Steel I-Beam to be installed at 96% of your height in every doorway of your home it wouldn't be too long before you called a contractor to lower all your floors.

Deal with it. We are.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Those Pesky Lower Four Remote Buttons

Jump to solution
you instead use use the servo finger to press a hard button/spacer that presses the soft button of the remote to make it behave more like a nicer mechanical switch.
https://www.nacdd1305.org/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

How can I change the Channel Shortcuts on an Ultra Remote?

Jump to solution

How can I program the Channel Shortcut buttons on an Ultra Remote? I won't use NETFLIX, ESPN, hulu nor sling. Thank You.

[post merged with already existing thread]

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Probably a revenue stream is provided to Roku by NETFLIX, ESPN, hulu and/or sling.  As a result these are four wasted buttons that should be programmable with the added ability to change the logos to other words like Prime, PBS, etc.

Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How can I change the Channel Shortcuts on an Ultra Remote?

Jump to solution

@aliasAlas 

Sorry, but you can't,

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If someone isn't bothered by the buttons it makes one wonder why they would bother posting? Strange world we live in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I removed the buttons by taking apart the remove, cutting those pre set buttons out of a rubber pad that had all of them (and the two above them), and then put the cut pad with just those two other back in.  Then I taped over the holes that left. 

Is it pretty? Ummm, **bleep** no.  But I'll take function over from for this.

To take the remote apart I remove the batteries then used a mini Phillips to remove a tiny screw beneath the batteries (in the center of that cavity).  Then I had to pry the top off with a mini flat edge screw driver VERY CAREFULLY going around the remote (or at least the botto).  As I recall, I didn't remove the entire top, just enough to get a hold of that bottom rubber bad.  Don't just rip the top off!

Really, I admit that's a bit nuts but then after the 8 millionth time I accidentally had the remote upside down, in the dark, and hit those pre set buttons I went a bit nuts.  Being nuts is the mother of destruction or something like that.

Now if I could just stop pressing the **bleep** voice command button.  I think this problem is simply due to the fact that used to have a Roku 3 and so I apparently have muscle memory dedicated to the roku 3 remote layout.