Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Think our remote is a dud?

We just bought the Roku Express on amazon and recieved the package yesterday. Today, after following all set up procedures properly, our remote will not send signal. We used the Duracell batteries provided and also tried another set of AAA batteries that have juice (working in another remote), and there are no obstructions to the reciever. I tried using my smartphone camera to test for a red light flashing and nothing. Very disappointed as we just bought this. Can we return and get another remote??  It is the standard IR remote if that matters. I cant even use the remote from the app because the reciever isn't set up to the internet yet because the remote wont work - urgh! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Think our remote is a dud?

It sounds like you got a dud, but make sure you're pointing the remote at your camera and you should see a bright white flash when you press a button, not red.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Think our remote is a dud?

@SaraAshy 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos