Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TV wont turn on and off with remote, all other functions work

I have a new Roku Express + and it synched with the TV ( Sansui) and the volume, mute and channel changing, etc works fine with the remote. It will not turn the TV on and off...I have taken the batteries out, unplugged the power source, re synched...etc but not change. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TV wont turn on and off with remote, all other functions work

Try programming the tv again, but skip the first one that mutes the music, lie to it say it didn't mute and try the next one that mutes the music. 

settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@katwalls  Thanks for reaching out. As @Tivoburkee  mentioned, you'll need to go through the 'Setup remote for TV control' process once more, and select the 'no' option when you are asked if the music stopped playing to try selecting a different code. You can see more information for doing this here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...

Using the 'no' option during the setup flow to select a different remote code should help resolve this for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had a problem identical to yours. I followed the instructions you've been given and was able to find a code that allowed the remote to turn the tv on and off as well as change volume. But now that I can do so, the remote seems like it's not turning of the streaming device and in so doing, the streaming devise does not go thru it's start up procedure correctly. In order to get to the roku home screen, I have to detach/reattach the wire from the devise to the tv. Once do, the system works as it used to before the original tv broke.

How does this compare with your experience? I come to you because roku is closed, due to virus impact.

Thanx, Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

How are you powering the roku, by tv usb port or connected to the wall outlet? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

wall socket

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanx for the hint. I moved power from wall to tv and that solved it.

Wishing you well, Paul

0 Kudos