Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stymied

TV stuck in setup

I purchased  an RCA Roku tv (RTRU5528-B-CA) 2 years ago. Last year the remote quit, got another remote that worked for about 1 day. We started using the Roku app. That stopped working a few months ago. I tried a reset and now the TV is stuck in setup at the "choose language" screen. Got another remote and it has no effect on the TV. Remote is functioning (checked with my phone camera). Is there some other way to connect with the TV? Is this a TV IR sensor problem? Thanks for any help! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV stuck in setup

Are you sure you got the right remote?  TV's use a different kind of remote than the standalone players.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: TV stuck in setup

Hey @Stymied

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you tried contacting RCA support to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://www.rca.com/support-products or call them at 1-800-968-9853.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gc223

Re: TV stuck in setup on "Enter your email" screen...even though I've received the activation link a

Yeah I'm stuck just beyond where you got stuck.  These people should be ashamed for selling such JUNK.  I have NO alternative but to return this nightmare to the store where i spent my hard-earned money on it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV stuck in setup on "Enter your email" screen...even though I've received the activation link a

Hi @gc223,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the activation issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist further?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot activation issues: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos