Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLKGroup
Level 7

TV screen now goes black each time I press any button on the remote.

Recently each time I press any button on the remote the TV screen goes entirely black for a second. Example - when using the Search function I begin to spell out the term - each time I enter any letter the TV screen blacks out for a second. Never did this before! Another example - on the Home screen I select a show to view and the TV screen goes black for a second. Never did this before. Another example - I will fast forward and the TV screen goes black for a second. Never did this before.

Needless to say it is VERY frustrating.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV screen now goes black each time I press any button on the remote.

try restart through the settings or simply unplug the tv for a bit. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CLKGroup
Level 7

Tried both but no change.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You'll have to get in touch with tv manufacturer:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/bd-p/rokutv-resources

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CLKGroup
Level 7

Don't believe the TV is the issue. Have no problems with the TiVo.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo1965
Level 7

Did you ever get this resolved? Just got a ROKU premiere and the same thing is happening to me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rodrigo1965

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel or does this happen on all channels you are streaming?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GFarris
Level 7

I believe i found the solution. Btw, roku customer service chat seem to have no knowledge about it. The solution is you might need to turn off the Anynet+ (or something similar) which has something to do with the HDMI-CEC. The tv and roku device might be fighting for control with each other because it. If it works for you, of course pay it forward and spread the word 

0 Kudos
GFarris
Level 7

I've also found this that could help if you want to keep your HDMI-CEC on: https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-fix-display-switching-when-using-roku-ultra-10826

@GFarris wrote:

I believe i found the solution. Btw, roku customer service chat seem to have no knowledge about it. The solution is you might need to turn off the Anynet+ (or something similar) which has something to do with the HDMI-CEC. The tv and roku device might be fighting for control with each other because it. If it works for you, of course pay it forward and spread the word 

0 Kudos