Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mphillips1994
Level 7

TV remote set up not available

When I go to set up my remote to do power and volume control on my tv it says not available? How can I fix this? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: TV remote set up not available

@Mphillips1994 wrote:

When I go to set up my remote to do power and volume control on my tv it says not available? How can I fix this? 

Not all remotes do that. The Roku Express and the Roku Premiere, for instance, come with the basic remote that controls the Roku, but does not include TV control. 

Which Roku do you have (include model number).

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

What model of roku do you have? And what is the model number of the remote control? Look in the battery compartment.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Mphillips1994
Level 7

I have the Roku express+. It has the power and volume buttons on remote. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

So, does that mean you are using the menu, see the option to set up your TV, search for your brand, but none of the settings actually control your TV?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Mphillips1994
Level 7

I have the Roku express+. And the sku in the remote says 3226000679

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Looking for something like rc-al2, rc-al7, or even rc-el1 as the remote model number. Has it got a microphone key on the front of it and pairing button in the battery compartment?

Edmund
0 Kudos