Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

TV remote not working with Roku

My Samsung TV remote is no longer working with my Roku. I attempted a Google search but the instructions I found are of no help. The current menu in settings is different from what the instructions showed. Any help would be appreciated.

This is Roku player 4620X

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV remote not working with Roku

I have the same issue.  The only way for me to turn TV off is either, do from the Roku Home screen, clumsy especially if I am watching OTA TV, or unplug Roku box.  This is a simple remote so there is no On/Off button on the remote. Not a good design...unless the idea is to get me to purchase another more advanced remote.  That would tick me off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You can't watch OTA tv with tv off either, what you're asking for is tv input command which NO roku remote ever had. For the first 8 year roku had been out there wasn't a tv power or volume on any roku remote. We just got the mute key last year, maybe sometime in the future we will get a inpt command. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Tivoburkee, I take it the idea here is to flame and not be helpful.  You either don't get it or don't want to.

With the Roku attached I can't turn off the TV with the TV's remote. 

I can turn it off by hitting the home button on Roku scrolling up and hitting "TV off". 

To turn off the TV after looking at OTA TV the choices are:

• Unplug the Roku box, then the remote will work
  • Flip back over to Roku then hit the home button then scroll up then hit "TV off". 

Either method is not very convenient, and I am looking for an easier solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Do you have "1-touch play" enabled under Settings->System->Control other devices?  If so, try unchecking it.  If not, try checking it.  Yours is a strange problem and it took until your second post before I understood what you were talking about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@renojim 

Oddly, checking it worked.  It was unchecked. I looked at that earlier, and the on screen explanation didn't seem to fit the situation. 

Thanks.  I could not find the solution anywhere else. I tried a couple of Google searches and a search on this board and didn't find your solution.

0 Kudos