Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Osugrad85
Level 8

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing TV volume control issues with my Roku remote.  It’s worked fine for months, but following the system update to 10.0.0 build 4177 on 04/20/2021 I have found that there is a significant delay in volume control inputs from the Roku remote to my TV.  I tried unpairing and repairing the remote but the problem continues.  I have multiple remotes that I use for my 2020 model Roku Ultra and they are all experiencing the same issue.  Hope Roku realized the problem and pushes out an update to fix this soon.

0 Kudos
Kevoz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine also quit working yesterday, how is this possible without a commonality,  such as an update?

0 Kudos
Kazza61
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku don't seem in the slightest bit interested. They promise to respond on the issue but never do. Without the TV controlling feature their flagship device is no better than their cheaper models. In fact, given the rate the remote gets through batteries, it's probably worse. It's very poor and there's no likelihood of this being fixed at all.

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Level 9

Jump to solution

I went to Amazon and ordered two OEM remotes that are not gaming ones for $11/ea. It sucks that I had to do that and Roku made my friggin remotes volume stop working as a surprise, but I am getting a remote that should fix the issue and adds a MUTE button which the old one didn't have which is cool. Also, I tried the Roku phone app on my Android, and it was useless for controlling volume.

0 Kudos
Sam007
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you let me know if the Amazon remote works? That may need to be my backup option. I already have the remote with the mute and voice control features...so it’s very frustrating it stopped working all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yeah, I will let you know. So, your remote that stopped has the MUTE button; does it have the Gaming A B buttons? I was assuming the problem with the volume stopping was due to my remote being identified as a Game Remote; is that the case with yours too? Or is this affecting non-Gaming remotes too?

0 Kudos
Sam007
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, my remote is not identified as gaming. It is the voice remote with buttons for tv power, volume and mute. It came with the Roku Streaming Stick + (HD/4K/HDR).

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Level 9

Jump to solution

**bleep**. Maybe I should have ordered the Fire TV instead... 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried to re-pair your remote to your TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to re-pair your remote, visit our Support pages here:

How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Curtislav
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I have repaired, reset, and still the same problem. It seems related to the version 10 "upgrade". Can you guys please get a fix out there for it? 

0 Kudos