Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xbootstrap
Level 7

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

There's no flashes. There is an option in the remote settings to Set it up for TV control but can't seem to find the IR. It was working last night, then all of a sudden it stopped working.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@xbootstrap @Jhankinson Thanks for the note here. 

To confirm, have you tried following the steps listed here to setup your remote for TV power and volume control again? https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-enhanced-remote-to-control-my-...

If that still isn't helping clear up the issue, please send me a private message with the following details, and I'll help connect you to our support team for more assistance. 

- The serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About 

- Your Roku account email address 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
JR84
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sound not working this morning

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JR84 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lulu3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Following your link worked for me, thanks!!

0 Kudos
ErikVanFleet
Level 7

No volume and TV power

Jump to solution

Try unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable,it worked for me.😀

0 Kudos
MadiTay14
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me, I purchased this in November of this year! @RokuTannerD what arr we supposed to do? This makes no sense after it initially working.

0 Kudos
Sam007
Level 7

Jump to solution

The same issue happened to my remote about two months ago. I just found this forum and hope to find a solution as before the remote work perfectly with the power and volume for the tv. Please advise. I tried disconnecting the device from the tv and setting the remote again and nothing seems to work even after going through all 50 codes.

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same problem here! What the heck. I have 2 Roku Ultras that I have used for at least 2 years; the remotes have always worked fine and controlled the TV volume until last night. Power works and controlling the Roku works. Same thing; all 50 codes nothing worked. Even stranger, I was going to swap the Roku device with another one, but the 2nd Roku is doing the same thing on a different tv! Stranger still, I plugged ANOTHER Roku Ultra, and it does the same thing on both TVs. I noticed that my remote says "Gaming Remote", and I don't see a way to change that and no idea what a Gaming Remote is since I don't use it for any type of game. Seems like Roku pushed an update that broke it to me. I have no remote for the other tv, so this inconvenience makes the remote pretty much useless. Please help because I really don't want to switch to Fire TV.

0 Kudos
Mickeyray
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issue. Remote has controlled volume for months. Suddenly last night it stopped. The power button still seems to work, just not volume. Yes we tried all the steps listed above. None of them worked. I've resynced the controller. Unplugged and replugged hdmi. Went through the remote setup in settings. Nothing. Roku 4660x2 remote rc al4 TV sharp lc32q3180u

0 Kudos