Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

TV displays "Remote Control Low Battery" Model RC19 remote has new batteries

The remote batteries have been changed with brand new batteries, yet the displayed message persists.

The TV show pauses itself. I rewind the show a little bit and it will continue past the initial pause, but only for a few minutes and it will pause itself again. As soon as it pauses the screen displays "Remote control battery low"

I think this remote is pretty old, (Model RC19) and I probably need a new one, but would like clarification before I purchase one.

If I do need a new one, could you suggest the cheapest comparable model?

I have also "paired" the remote to the tv today already.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 19

Re: TV displays "Remote Control Low Battery" Model RC19 remote has new batteries

Try pulling out the batteries and cleaning the contacts, both on batteries and remote. A pencil eraser can be used for this. If the remote contacts are really "crudded up" you may need to scrape with something metal, like the end of a screwdriver.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV displays "Remote Control Low Battery" Model RC19 remote has new batteries

@LeslieA 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps provided by @makaiguy, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos