Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liswardle
Level 7

TV brand not recognized at initial setup

I'm trying to set up my Roku but it's telling me my entry (TV brand) is not recognized. I have an Emerson TV. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV brand not recognized at initial setup

@Liswardle-

This is when setting the remote up to control tv power and volume, the step that comes after pairing your remote to your Roku?  That just means it didn't find the remote control codes for your tv in its database.  Our resident remote expert @Tivoburkee will probably be along with some suggestions on this.

Meanwhile, any tv with an HDMI port to which you can connect the Roku should be able to display programming via Roku once it establishes a network connection.  The power and volume/mute buttons won't do anything until the remote gets set up for your set (you'll need to use the TV's remote for them for now) but the rest of the buttons should work to control the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV brand not recognized at initial setup

@Liswardle 

If it's an Emerson from the last 10 years the only other brand to share its code is Sylvania. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos