Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ghn
Level 8

Re: TV Screen going blank when I hit pause button

I tried all this and still have the issue. I also did a factory reset. I simply do not have anymore time to deal with this at this time. I will continue to monitor this post for solutions. I may just have to return this unit. (it is the 4th unit I have purchased). (This is the first ultra I have purchased however.)

Thank you for your time.

If I get any more time soon I will reply. 

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
SARFRAJK
Level 9

Hi Team,

I shared details. Do you have an update?

0 Kudos
JMM1
Level 10

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm having the same problems with the new 4800X on Sling with the picture going black when I hit Pause. I just hooked it up Saturday 12-12.

Also having a problem with the new remote volume control. I use it to control the volume on a receiver as I always have. It takes several tries (clicks) for it to work, and you I have to click each time for the volume to move .5 decibel. It doesn't allow me hold down the button and the volume move quickly up or down.

I paired one of my other remotes with the new 4800X and it works fine for volume control but still has the Sling problem. Is the volume issue I'm experiencing a change from past remotes or is it malfunctioning? If it is broke can I just return the remote and have it replaced? The Box seems great except for the Sling problem.

Thanks.

Blargy
Level 7

On my 2020 Ultra, same black screen (but the audio keeps playing) when pausing here on plex. I get it 2-3 times a day, never got it on any of my other 5 rokus, only the ultra.

SARFRAJK
Level 9

Is any Tech/Support from ROKU paying attention to this thread. I have not seem anyone acknowledging the issue or confirming this is being worked on

Khaneric
Level 7

Same issues here... New ultra on multiple different channels. 

nyrhythm2003
Level 7

The same exact issue with my Roku ultra 4800 as well. If you press the pause button the TV screen goes blank. Then to reactivate the TV screen you can hit the skip back button. You can now see the TV. Now if you use the pause button again it will pause the TV ( this time with the TV screen on). But this workaround works only for some time. You have to repeat the process again to pause the TV.  I have Roku 3 , Roku 4, and Roku Ultra, only Roku Ultra is doing this.

nyrhythm2003
Level 7

The same exact issue with my Roku ultra 4800 as well. If you press the pause button the TV screen goes blank. Then to reactivate the TV screen you can hit the skip back button. You can now see the TV. Now if you use the pause button again it will pause the TV ( this time with the TV screen on). But this workaround works only for some time. You have to repeat the process again to pause the TV.  I have Roku 3 , Roku 4, and Roku Ultra, only Roku Ultra is doing this.

0 Kudos
SARFRAJK
Level 9

One if the worst tech teams here on Roku. Dont acknowledge issues neither do they respond to folks reporting the issues. On this thread so many folks have complained but ROKU tech support just loves to read and ignore the customers issues

0 Kudos
hybrid45
Level 7

Just wanted to add my voice here as well. Experiencing the exact same blank screen on pause issue with my Roku Ultra 2020 in multiple apps including Hulu, VRV, and Amazon Prime Video.

0 Kudos