Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsuk404
Level 7

TCL Roku TCL 55S403 IR Remote too clumsy

I have TCL 55S403 Roku TV and its really good. The only problem I have been facing is its IR remote. You have to point exactly to the IR to make it work, its not practical when you have a lot of stuffs around and you have a big room. I was at the Roku accessories page and I am wondering if the remotes on sale in that page works for my TV. I was looking at "Voice Remote with TV Power and Volume Buttons RC127". Is it a wifi remote ? Is my TV wifi remote compatible ? Will that remote work for my TV ?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: TCL Roku TCL 55S403 IR Remote too clumsy

That one should work, even though it's not advertised as such.. there's other posts here that claim it, at least.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Look in the menu of the your roku tv, under remote, is there a pairing option?
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

"hsuk404" wrote:
I have TCL 55S403 Roku TV and its really good. The only problem I have been facing is its IR remote. You have to point exactly to the IR to make it work, its not practical when you have a lot of stuffs around and you have a big room. I was at the Roku accessories page and I am wondering if the remotes on sale in that page works for my TV. I was looking at "Voice Remote with TV Power and Volume Buttons RC127". Is it a wifi remote ? Is my TV wifi remote compatible ? Will that remote work for my TV ?
Thanks in advance.

Many have had success pairing a Wifi remote to their sets that initially came with an IR only remote.

I too had the issue of IR receiver being partially blocked by soundbar in front of my TCL TV. A less expensive option that I chose was purchasing an IR Remote Extender on Amazon for $9. I placed the RECEIVER portion of the Extender to the right of my soundbar and the TRANSMITTER part directly underneath the IR RECEIVER on the TCL set. Works like a charm. Responsive remote access from anywhere in a rather large room with no worries about line of sight from the remote. Might be worth a try before investing in a Wifi remote. If you can pair it, it will be more responsive, but you will likely go through batteries more quickly than with a IR only remote.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos