Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimi4455
Level 7

Suddenly Remote won’t turn off Roku

Jump to solution

All of the sudden my remote will not turn off Roku. I am at the home page but it will not power off. Help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly Remote won’t turn off Roku

Jump to solution

Is this an actual RokuTV?  Sticks and consoles never turn off although some remotes can control the volume of the TV and turn it off and on.  If you have one of those remotes try going through the setup process for the remote again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim

Jump to solution

Is this an actual RokuTV?  Sticks and consoles never turn off although some remotes can control the volume of the TV and turn it off and on.  If you have one of those remotes try going through the setup process for the remote again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mimi4455
Level 7

Jump to solution

No it’s not. This tv was working just fine and suddenly the remote will not turn it off. I have to use the tv remote. However the Roku remote turns it on and operates the sound. I’ve tried to go through the set up process several times and it hasn’t worked. Help me

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, re-program the remote for your tv but don't stop on the first postive result, because we know that doesn't turn off your tv, so click no and keep going through the codes until it mutes the sound again, and now click yes. See if you have better results with that one? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Mimi4455
Level 7

Jump to solution

My tv is not Roku abs was working perfectly until one day it would not turn off tv. It turns it on and changes volume etc but won’t turn to off. I have tried to reprogram etc but still won’t work. 

0 Kudos
mark20
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have same issue.  last week the remote suddenly refused to do anything.  I changed the batteries even tho they are only a few months old.  seemed to fix it for a short time.  then it would not shut off the tv and roku.  its not a roku tv but it had been working perfectly.  I hav only had this roku device for about 4 months.  I tried unplugging the roku...no effect.  I tried the reset button in the back.  that reset everything and I had to go thru the entire reactivate setup again...not happy about that.  that fixed it for about a week.  now its back to not shutting off again.  the tv will go black which makes me think its shut off, but before I can get my shoes on it comes back on with the roku home screen scrolling.  again , this did not happen for the first few months.  I dont want to have to keep going thru the entire set up process every week.  I may have to return this roku and just stick with flex tv

0 Kudos