Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delta
Level 7

Streaming stick plus remote on/off connectivity issues

Hey guys,

Hoping people can help me out with this one. So I got my Roku streaming stick + Sunday of November the 22nd 2020. The remote actually worked quit fine throughout the week however today as the 28th, the remote seems to be showing connectivity issues. Whenever I use the remote to try to select things, sometimes it works, other times it does not.

What I've tried:

Taking out the batteries and reinserting them

Re-syncing the remote to the TV

Putting in new batteries

Moving the streaming stick to a new HDMI port.

This was not an issue for the whole week since I bought this product. I captured a video showing the battery going up and down through various percentages. Also I want to mention that the battery icon keeps popping up on the screen, but it shows a full three bars. Whenever it is on screen, I can control what happens.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streaming stick plus remote on/off connectivity issues

@Delta 

Thanks for the post and information.

If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your remote, have you tried pairing your remote to your device again as well as rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves what you are seeing?

For more information about how to pair your remote to your device, visit our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Delta
Level 7

Re: Streaming stick plus remote on/off connectivity issues

Yep, I tried that. Even took the batteries out. too. I sent the roku back through amazon to get a new one hopefully the new one will work better.

0 Kudos