Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming stick plus remote just stopped working

My remote just stopped working after only having it for a couple of months. Batteries are still good (replaced them anyway. followed all troubleshooting steps found anywhere on the internet. remote will just flash in pairing mode as soon as I put batteries in it. Restarted Roku multiple times and even turned off the internet in order to pair remote. Nothing seems to work. Roku has been hard reset so the app will not work with this device. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streaming stick plus remote just stopped working

@ShyBull 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If your issue is still not resolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny, this was the first troubleshooting steps I took. I have been trying to solves this for the last week. This has been very stressful trying to solve this since my kids watch the TV using this system. I am about to just toss this whole system and buy an Apple TV instead. It’s frustrating bring that this would just stop working for no reason. I am also discourage to see the last troubleshooting step is to its buy a new remote. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ShyBull 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello,

We have the same issue....just bought our streaming stick plus less than one month ago and the remote worked until this week.  We've done every trouble shooting idea on your site and other sites and nothing has worked.  

Please advise who to send our serial number and account email to privately so that a replacement can be sent under warranty.

Thank you.

It is disturbing for the remote to fail after less than one month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JMP1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

same exact problem with my remote.   Any resolutions?

0 Kudos