Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jppackard
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ remote won't control TV

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I have it connected to a Polaroid TV. I've tried setting up the remote for TV control but after going through it twice it says cannnot setup this remote for this TV. Is there a different way (manual input of some type) to setup the remote to control the TV? Is there a firmware update for the remote to allow it to see the TV I have?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Gary_1
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ remote won't control TV

I too wonder if there is a manual way to do this or if there is a firmware update for my similar problem. 

I have to same question for a Prima PH-50T18 TV. The Roku remote doesn't work for on/off or volume control of this tv. I can stream and otherwise use the Roku Streaming Stick +, just can't control the TV as intended.

I too wonder if there is a manual way to do this or if there is a firmware update. 

This is a new stick just connected today. It did an update upon setup. Prima is in the list of TV but after going through 3 codes that's the end of the code list.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jppackard @Gary_1 

Thanks for the posts.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can offer some suggestions, as he's our resident remote expert here in the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Jppackard
Level 7

Thank you Danny for your response. I have been able to resolve the issue in a work around way. I had ordered a new streaming + a couple days after posting this as the old roku in our kids playroom died. When I received the new streaming + I decided to hook that one up to the Polaroid TV. When I went through the TV controls setup, that new streaming + stick & remote was able to find the Polaroid TV. So something with the new remote/stick can find/connect to my TV. Not sure how helpful that will be for others but that is how I was able to resolve my issue. Again, thank you for any input submitted to my post. 

0 Kudos
Rex5
Level 7

I had the same problem with Roku stated that my Sharp tv was not compatible.  I ran thru the setup again and I tried using the Sharp brand and it still did not work. The third try on setup I chose a different tv model. (Toshiba), and it worked perfectly.  Try a different make.