Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Cook
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ Voice Remote vs Streaming Stick+ HE Enhanced Voice Remote

I am currently a Roku 2 user with plans to upgrade .... I have examined the current models and found that the Roku Streaming Stick+ most closely meets my needs but I have a question concerning the Streaming Stick+ Voice Remote vs Streaming Stick+ HE Enhanced Voice Remote

I know it is only a $10 difference ... but from my research ... the only difference between the two remotes is that the HE remote ... has a headphone jack

Is that the only difference between the two remotes?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Streaming Stick+ Voice Remote vs Streaming Stick+ HE Enhanced Voice Remote

That and if you buy old stock of just the plain Roku Stick+ it might not have MUTE key, where Enhanced Roku Stick+ has one. The Roku itself in each set is exactly the same. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Kevin_Cook
Level 7

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

On the first link, I'm 99% sure it will not come with remote without a MUTE key. It will come with RC-AL2 remote, no mute, remotes with mute key are RC-AL7, RC-AL8 one that will come in the best buy exclusive with headphone jack remote, and Ultra RC-AL9. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Kevin_Cook
Level 7

I do see what you mean though

https://www.samsclub.com/p/roku-streaming-stick-plus/prod21980810?xid=plp_product_1_1

Seems the mute button is missing

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

The biggest difference in the remotes between those sets is the size of the remote in the HE Enhanced set, its like a 1/4 of inch taller then the original roku stick+ remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos