Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2Bmoore

Streaming Stick+ Remote draining Batteries

Jump to solution

I have 4 Streaming Stick+ units that I purchase last October.  The remote batteries drain every 3 weeks or less.  There's no headphone feature on the remote. This is bananas - there has to be a fix?  The energizer bunny is taking all my money. I cannot be the only one.... 

0 Kudos
SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

WHEN will you help me?  I've gone through Support with no response, and all you do is say to send you my product info - which I have.  When does help actually happen?

0 Kudos
SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

You're doing better than me - Support never responded.  Do we need to invest?  But why should we, with a bad product they won't help with?  Maybe better to invest in Duracell!

Ncmdude78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortuantely every company has a lemon from time to time, it happens.  This remote is a bad model, definitely a lemon.  It's how the company responds to resolve it for customers that matter.  I hope they offer a resolution to the customers on this forum so we can continue to buy rokus but if they dont then we can all switch brands.

cstrutz

Jump to solution

How do you send a private message to Danny????

0 Kudos

Re: Streaming Stick+ Remote draining Batteries

Jump to solution

Yes, mine too.  I’m resolving batteries every two weeks.  There has to be a fix for this.

0 Kudos
22jlv

Re: Streaming Stick+ Remote draining Batteries

Jump to solution

I have to same issue, bought my streaming 4k stick w/ remote in Dec 2020 and have changed batteries already 3 times...

0 Kudos
bretr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When signed in to the Community:  Messages icon -> New Message

Send to RokuDanny-R

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

After a lot of effort, Roku says they will send me new replacement remotes in February when they are back in stock.  So how did I do it?

I started by chatting with tech support (https://support.roku.com) and asking them for a phone callback from a supervisor. When the supervisor called me, I told her everything about the fast draining batteries in the remotes and she created a Support Request Ticket stating what they will do and then emailed it to me. I'm hoping the new remotes will be better, but when I asked her if those remotes will be a newly revised model, she said no.  She also requested that I send the defective remotes back so the engineering team can examine them and find out what's causing the fast battery drain. So it seems like they have not figured out the cause yet.

0 Kudos
ArunD

Jump to solution

Roku Stick+ Remote is draining battery way fast, lasts less than a week. The stick is hooked to TV and no private listening. 

0 Kudos