Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liry
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick+ Adapter (HDMI extender)

I've tried a hundred times to complete the request, and it does not accept the serial number on the back of the stick! I wish I could just call and talk to a person.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming Stick+ Adapter (HDMI extender)

Hey @Liry

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Linda11

I cant order the free HDMI extender either. Used 2 different browsers. Have 2 sticks that need extensions. Tried the serial nubers off of the sticks and also from the info under My Rok account  "options" (which are different than back of actual sticks). Tried using the letter 'O" and also tried using "zero"s. 

There is something wrong with your site!

Linda W

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Linda11 

I ordered one a few days ago and have received it. The Website worked for me.

Did you use the serial number tied to the device that's listed at https://my.roku.com/ ? Scroll down to the bottom of that page and use the serial number of the stick.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

You might just consider getting one from Amazon or somewhere similar. The Roku provided one is quite short, and while that is enough to get the Stick clear of the TV, you might simply want more options about where to place it. I did that for my travel Stick, so I could reach a power connection more easily. 

There's nothing wrong or bad with the one Roku is offering. I simply like the flexibility of a longer cable. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AnitraF

ROKU is not accepting the serial number. I have looked at the Settings page. I have looked at the serial number listed on my Account page. (The numbers are identical.) I have acquired the Device number from both the Settings page and the device itself. Again, they are identical. ROKU is not accepting any of them.

My device is overheating. I need an HDMI extender. How do I get one from ROKU if the website refuses to accept the serial number?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Make sure you're not mixing the letter O and the number 0. They look quite similar in the font used, with the zero being a bit oval shaped while the letter is nice and round. 

Dan

0 Kudos
renojim

@AnitraF, what's the model shown under Settings->System->About?  Is it really a stick that plugs directly into your TV or do you have it connected with an HDMI cable?

I am not a Roku employee.
Lizsalazar

I am also trying to order the HDMI extender but I am unable to. I made sure I entered serial number and all other info correctly. Please help!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Lizsalazar wrote:

I am also trying to order the HDMI extender but I am unable to. I made sure I entered serial number and all other info correctly. Please help!!

Look closely at your serial number. It's easy to confuse the O (capital letter) and 0 (number zero). You can also find the serial number on your Roku user web page (https://my.roku.com) and just copy/paste it from there to be sure it's accurate. 

Dan

0 Kudos