Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrudyKuch
Level 7

Steaming Stick + issue with remote

Jump to solution

We purchased 2 streaming stick + for 2 different TVs.

Our main Roku worked fine for about a month, and then stopped recognizing the remote button presses, except for TV controls (power & volume). The remote works for Roku control for a short period of time if we pull the batteries and then put them back in.

I have contacted support (case number 3654904). Support has done nothing but repeat the Enhanced remote troubleshooting document.

We have restarted the Roku, we have factory reset the Roku, we have replaced the batteries, we have gotten and tried the HDMI extender.

We put the second Roku onto the main TV and it works without issue.

So from our perspective, this is an issue with the stick itself. What do we need to do to actually get Roku support to acknowledge this and replace the stick? It seems Im stuck at first level support which keeps spewing the same thing over and over.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Steaming Stick + issue with remote

Jump to solution

@TrudyKuch 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TrudyKuch 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TrudyKuch
Level 7

Jump to solution

Support did follow up and will be replacing the device.

Thanks.

0 Kudos