Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3DogNite

Static discharge disabled Roku Remote.

I have never had this happen before but a static discharge fried my Roku Ultra remote.  Walked across the carpeted room and picked up the remote which was sitting on top of a DVD player, received a nasty static shock and the remote no longer functioned.  Did the usual stuff, new batteries, etc. but the remote is dead.  Everything functioned fine up to this point.

Did a static shock actually KIA my remote?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Static discharge disabled Roku Remote.

Hi @3DogNite,

Thanks for the post.

Please send us a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. Could you also send us a photo of the remote?

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Omeggy

My roku remote to my tcl tv just had the same issue. Died after static shock.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Omeggy

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dance2228

This also happened to my daughters TCL Roku Tv remote. It no longer works. It’s very strange. Never had anything like this happen before. Any suggestions? We are stumped. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dance2228,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For your Roku TV remote issue, please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here or at 1-877-300-8837.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos