Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindiS
Level 7

Specific buttons no longer working on remote for Roku Premiere

I just started having issues with my remote's down arrow button not working anymore. I have tried suggestions noted in this forum such as compressed air and rubbing alcohol, but nothing is helping. Batteries are new. The other buttons that stopped working were the direct access to Netflix, Hulu, etc. Not that concerned about those, but the down arrow is often necessary. Any additional suggestions or do I just need a new remote?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Specific buttons no longer working on remote for Roku Premiere

@CindiS 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device do you have? If you provide us with your device information, we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote that you will need.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
reetsc
Level 7

Down arrow button not working on both my Roku devices for Direct TV Streaming

The down arrow key on my ROKU used to take me to options for Guide and previously viewed but today both the Roku remotes take me out of Direct TV Streaming when I press the down arrow key.  One remote is Premiere and the other for an older ROKU remote.   The down arrow works on Netflix, Hulu and Prime.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Down arrow button not working on both my Roku devices for Direct TV Streaming

@reetsc

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos