Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreybryant
Channel Surfer

Sound Coming from Remote and not Earphones

Purchased a new Roku Ultra 4802X to replace a Series 3 model.  The first few nights, I plugged earphones into the remote for private listening.

Now when I plug in the earphones, the sound comes through the remote and not the earphones for private listening.  I rebooted the Roku twice but the remote still would not send audio through the earphones.

I found one thread from a year ago reported as a glitch.  Is there a known fix?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound Coming from Remote and not Earphones

@coreybryant

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
coreybryant
Channel Surfer

Thank you @RokuDanny-R   A support ticket was created, and private listening was (still) working on the old Roku Remote via the Roku Ultra.

The representative is sending out a new Roku Remote in hopes that will work / fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Bluesea

I'm having the very same problem with Roku Ultra 4802X that was purchased when my original Ultra earbuds stopped working. The actual earbugs were ok so it was either the remote or control unit. The new Ultra worked fine and just stopped working.

Has a fix been found? I sent a private message.

Please advise

0 Kudos