Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MS99
Level 7

Some of My remote buttons no longer work

It there a way to fix this? I changed batteries and un plugged the unit, and that did not help.

Very frustrated.

Serial C338AO470185

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Some of My remote buttons no longer work

Hi @MS99,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the remote issue you are experiencing.

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? How do I resolve issues with my Roku simple (IR) remote? | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MS99
Level 7

None of the fixes mentioned in that article apply to me. Some of the buttons on my remote work fine and some do not send a signal.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You can test each button on the remote by looking through a digital camera at the front of the remote when pressing a button. Each button press should cause a flickering light to be visible in the camera viewer. If there's no light when the button is pressed, then it's certainly the remote. Note that this is assuming it's an IR remote, and not a WiFi Direct.

See if there's anything stuck under one of the remote buttons. Usually if something is there you can see something around the button edges. 

I don't know what model Roku you have, or how long you've had it. If it's under a year, the remote should be under warranty and Roku is usually really good at getting replacement parts shipped. If it's no longer under warranty, you have a couple of options. One is to order a new remote from Roku. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player The simple IR remote is $15. You can also find replacement Roku remotes at stores like Best Buy or other places that sell Roku players. 

Your other option is buying an inexpensive universal IR remote. I was looking at what was available in a nearby store that sells Rokus as well as other electronics, and they had several IR remotes that listed Roku support for under $10. The only Roku players that won't work with a universal remote are the Roku Stick players, as they are all WiFi Direct only.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos