Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Some buttons on Roku Streaming Stick+ remote not working

Jump to solution

I have a brand new Roku Streaming Stick+ purchased on Amazon.  I am trying to get the Roku set up but having problems with the remote.  Following the setup instructions I have paired the remote with the Roku. However, I am unable to enter my wifi password because the left and right arrows are not working on the remote.  I have tried resetting the Roku and the remote several times and even have tried on a different TV. I can see that the other buttons on remote seem to be received by the Roku because the light on the Roku blinks quickly for the other buttons (like up and down) but the left and right buttons do not seem to be received.  I am very upset because this is a brand new Roku out of the box and I am having great difficulties.  Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Some buttons on Roku Streaming Stick+ remote not working

Jump to solution

FYI: I received a new remote from Roku and it fixed my issue.  New remote and new Roku are working just fine now.  Thanks for the great support!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Sounds like a defective remote, I would ask for replacement roku or return it to amazon. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bribo2020 

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to your PM that you sent me.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue, arrived from Amazon just an hour ago, haven't even been able to even set up the product, a very frustrating issue, as a brand new customer to have been shipped and delivered an essentially non functional product. Up and down buttons work fine, but the right and left are useless. Is there no fix but a new remote? Looks like this is headed back to Amazon...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DieterWulf 

Thanks for the post.

If you would like assistance from our Support team, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Support has told me that the remote is bad and is shipping me a free replacement.  I am pleased with this but I still have not received the new remote.  Waiting......

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Was watching amazon prime show last evening and electricity went out for a second and back on again.  The TV turned off and I didn't try to turn it back on.  Watching cable today and went back to finish watching the amazon prime show and the word "ROKU" is on the screen jumping up and down like it's doing the wave. The remote controls volume and on/off but no other button responds.  the jumping ROKU won't stop. HELP !!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Unplug the stick from the TV and the USB power adapter for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After trying to troubleshoot this issue for many hours, I have come to the conclusion that either Roku has a Thermal problem or firmware issue. My Roku has rendered itself unuseable. I am now waiting on support to get back to me.  Where is their telephone support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@grstoy 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try resolving the issue?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos